Spotsylvania County School Board Chair Lisa Phelps talked about the SRO situation in the school division at the February 6th school board meeting. Here is the video of that speech.
- There is not an SRO working full time at every school
- The Sheriff allocates the SROs in the school division
- The school division does not have the ability to assign SROs to schools
- When SROs are consolidated towards several schools, it means more schools do not have SROs present.
- Phelps requests an SRO at every school because that is currently not happening